Middle Name?

So my husband and I have decided to name the new baby "Calliope", but we haven't decided on a middle name yet. Two ideas we've had are:

Saralinda, which is the name of a character from a James Thurber novel I much admire.

Marvel, as in Marvel Comics. My husband is a Comic Book Guy, we named our other daughter "MaryJane" after Spiderman's girlfriend.

Which one would you choose?
Or, would you go with a completely different middle name and what would be your choice?
Or, would you go whole hog and name the kid "Calliope Saralinda Marvel"?

Fistandantalus

Asked by Fistandantalus at 12:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Baby Names

• I would sit there and say that several times a few times in a day (with the last name) and see how it feels to you. Calliope is a beautiful Greek name. Just remember, as a child with a long ethnic name (which I love mine), I understand that there are dumb people out there, so make sure it is career friendly. Goodluck!
    PolPrairieMama

Answer by PolPrairieMama at 12:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I like Calliope Serene.....Calliope means "beautifully voiced" and was then name of one of the nine muses in Greek mythology. Serene can either mean "calm" or can be a shortened form of Serenata, "to serenade".

Calliope Serene
    Calliope Serenata
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I like Saralinda
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• how is calliope pronounced?
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i think marvel is real cute
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 4:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I like Saralinda better than Marvel.

I think calling her Calliope Saralinda Marvel is just too much! That's a lot to say/spell/write.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• well going with tradition of one middle name i would go with Marvel because it sounds so unique and saralinda wasnt my fave character lol however im not going with a traditional role either and my baby is going to have two middle names so if you two cant choose and you want to compromise go with Calliope Saralinda Marvel...i see absolutely nothing wrong with it and if you two like it who cares if anyone else likes you giving her two middle names
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I'd go with both. Calliope Saralinda Marvel sounds really cool together. I've always been a fan of names with more then one middle name. (I gave my son two. ha)
    michelliemama

Answer by michelliemama at 3:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2011