Have you ever been so sure of a name for your baby but then have him/her and decide thats not the name?

With all of my kids we had names picked out but then I delivered and we would decide that those names werent right for the baby. So we would have to pick out totally different names than what we already decided on.

caseymarie

Asked by caseymarie at 12:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Baby Names

• Nope. I only have one son though and his name was his from the start... I can't think of another name that would suit him better.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• happened with my last...it was Aria Elyse till the day she was born...she is now Alysia Whitney
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My kids names going into the hospital were from oldest to youngest Brittany Marie, Erik Caleb, Natalya Maria, and Enrique Javier. They came out of the hospital being Emily Marie, John Patrick, Adrianna Colleen, and Deven James.
    caseymarie

Comment by caseymarie (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• no i only have one right now and i fell in love wiht the name when i first saw it.. my SO says that though hes like .. why do you want to pick out a name what if the baby doesnt look like a ___ LOL idk
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Thru out my whole pregnancy my daughter was Lyla Marie...until she was born and she looked like an Addison Marie, so that's her name :)
    Addisons_Mom723

Answer by Addisons_Mom723 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No. I've been sure of my daughter's name since I was in high school.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No, I was 100% sure of my son's name.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• No. I always had back up names, in case that happened (with my DD, I even had a "if she has red hair" name) but I never used the back up names. I feel like I really get to know their little personalities in utero, so when they are born they don't seem different to me than they did on the inside. I have often changed my mind on a name that I picked toward the beginning, but as I was carrying them and got to know them I realized the name wouldn't fit.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 12:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• yep my son was actually suppose to be landon but i decided on paxton
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• with my first we were set on a girls name because we really wanted a girl. when we finally found out that it was a girl (at 30 weeks after 5 untrasounds) we decided that its not the name
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 6:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2011