Scared

ok so my doctor wants to induce me because im only a fingertip dilated and im due soon,but i dont want Pitocin. should i ask about cervidil or preidil or maybe something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Why are you being induced? Cytotec and Cervidil aren't any safer than pitocin.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:40 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Why does he want to induce you ?? You can refuse if you and the baby are safe, you can also tell him your wishs about not using pit.. He can not force you to do anything you don't want to do but it all comes down to why...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i hated being on the pit!!!! it was horrible my contractions were unbearable with it..
    waitin4miracle

Answer by waitin4miracle at 12:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I got Cytotech and pitocin, and they both are awful! The contractions were sooooo rough. I still ended up with a c-section after 26 hours of labor because I wouldn't dilate anymore than 5cm.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:46 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Unless you are a high risk pregnancy and you or your baby are in danger I'd refuse to be induced. They wanted to give me pitocin, I refused and had my daughter naturally. Stand up for your right to choose unless you or your baby are in danger.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 2:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• don't get induced!! this is your right.
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 3:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• why would he induce you??? im due on thursday im 2 cm dilated and my dr says that he doesnt want to talk about induction unless im past my due date...my baby hasnt dropped enough for it to do any good and he would end up doing a csection..i also have gestational diabetes so i am considered a high risk pregnancy..you can refuse induction and just wait and see what nature has planned..look into your state's policy on unnecessary inductions before 39 weeks...ours just had a thing about it in the paper and doctors and hospitals are now being fined for it because it is putting babies at risk with being born prematurely especially since gestation is really only a guess and could be wrong up to two weeks...but pitocin if you need an induction is best even though none of them are ideal
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:08 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• why induce? wait til your due date and your body is ready.
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:50 AM on Mar. 28, 2011