Can A judge force you to have an abortion?

Is there any reason they can?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• No, they can't. Isn't it nice to be able to make that CHOICE yourself?

Roe v. Wade isn't just about the right to an abortion, it's about the right to make your own reproductive choices. Pro-choice doesn't mean pro-abortion, it means pro-CHOICE.
    bluecrayon

Answer by bluecrayon at 2:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• NO. Absolutely not.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 6:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• No, but there have been a few cases where they were able to stop a woman from getting an abortion at the father's request.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 6:55 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• how can anybody force you to get an abortion???
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 6:56 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I have heard of only one case where a mother was forced to have an abortion... the mother was arrested for some forms of drug use and when they did the ultrasound and blood test they found that the mother was using coke, crack and meth while pregnant and that the baby was brain dead already from the use of it... you can read about it on the web
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 7:00 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I wish they could do it. (im not the one who posted the question!)

a friend of mine got screwed by a women. She said she would be on bc pill but wasnt. she wanted to have a child no matter what. they used condoms. Her condoms. she got pregnant. knocked up on purpose. for the sake of my friend (who told that woman that he does not want to have a child) i wish they could force her to get an abortion.
    Anonymous

• I don't even know why I bother going to anon. posters.....
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 7:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• to anon. First I am sorry that your friend got screwed but two points that I would like to make. First, it is not the fault of the  innocent baby, fetus, embryo, or what ever you would like to refer to the unborn child as, so why should it has to lose it's life. Second anytime you have sex there is a chance that you can get pregnant with or without birth control, therefore, it you don't want a child the only way to make sure that doesn't happen is not to have sex.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I am the orign. poster and i want any child that comes my way. I have heard things lately about moms who give up kids for any reason may not be allowed to have more.
    Anonymous

• Technically, before Roe V Wade, a judge could find you an infit mother and make you undergo an abortion. Roe V Wade protects your right to terminate by your own choice, and makes it illegal for the courts to step in. Look it up.
    Anonymous