Does your child make you wanna laugh when trying discipline them?

I just put DS down for a nap and sometimes he just won't stay down. Anyways he got up for the 4 th time. I go in put him down the whole time he is laughing at me. When I have him in his bed I say it's nap time. With a smile he looks up and says "no" ( he just started with the telling me no, getting to those terrible 2's) I tell him yes back and he looks at me with a grave face and then says"YES" Mocking me. I had turn around to say nite and close the door. His face just cracked me up. It was probably what mine looked like to him.

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I know what you mean, I laughed at those faces many of times....

Answer by older at 12:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• mine makes me laugh all the time he is so silly. I think God makes kids so cute so we don't kill them lol
    Sessy89

Answer by Sessy89 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• lol yeah. I have a hard time keeping a straight face!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• OMG all the time i have to walk away and recoup and try again :p
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• same with all of the above kids can just be to darn cute when they are in trouble...lol
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yes, all the time. My youngest sometimes can be so cute even when she is in trouble. Many times have I had to turn around and walk away to laugh so she doesn't see me.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yes and my youngest who is 2 starts to fake cough when he is in trouble. He just looks at me and starts they really fake cough that just has me turning around and walking away so he doesn't see me laughing.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• LOL fake coughing, I get that one too. It's a "hey pay attention to me, I COULD be dieing here" cough.
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• lol my son will cover up his face like I can't see him.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011