Help with my son ???

I have a 5 year old son and from 6 months onwards I've been having problems with him the best way to decribe it is to list every think I have gone threw and what I have to deal with on a day to basics
First started with taking nappie off and eating things that shouldn't be eaten includin books
Nervous/scared
Noises send him mad
Biting
Punching scratchin him self and others
Speaks in a inapropiae manner I.E he will say go away ill hurt ya or he prentends to kill him self or others
Draw pictures that are disturbin like fire !
Has little obsessions atm its to do with ppl diein
Makes up stories but very serious ones he beileves his own stories !
Has fine motor problems
Can read but only from picture reconising take the picture away and he hasn't a clue
Still unable to count to 10 in order unless he is watchin somethink like the tv for example
Has poor social skills dosnt play with other children at school
Sticks to adults constantly wanting to cuddle and sit on u and touch you
Hypoactive
Loud speaks very fast
Has little habits like rubbing his toes on his nose
Dangerous to himself and other siblings he bit his 8 months old sister and gave her a black eye!!!
Dribbing
Climbing constantly
Dosnt remain eye contact
Don't sleep very well
Lieing
Destructive hasn't a care in the world for damaging some-ones or his own property
Hasn't a care for any one other than himself
He finds it hard to concertrate aswell
He is 5 years old just I have lost all control I have every think from ignoring the behavior to shouting and screaming naughty steps and reward charts don't work he is currently under pedatricans to see what is wrong with him I've never known a child like it his school have picked up on things aswell he is on a I.e.p if any one on here has a child in the simular situation please get in contact I'm really lost with things now he getting worse and some one is going to end up hurt from his behaviour ....

helpwithson

Asked by helpwithson at 12:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• What have the drs. diagnosed him with?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My autistic child had many of those symptoms
    Sessy89

Answer by Sessy89 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Has your child been evaluated? If not, I think it is time that he is.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Nothing as of yet as there saying they have to wait til he is aged 5 and above there only just concidering adhd when I think its add personally I think he has aspergers but getting a dianosise is like finding a needle in a hay stack
    helpwithson

Comment by helpwithson (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• This definitely sound like autism to me. I teach kids with autism, and most of the problems you listed, I see everyday. Take the child in to see a child psychologist soon.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yeah age 5 is the right time when the doctors would possible start looking at ADHD, autism, Bipolar.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Who is saying you had to wait until age 5? If it is an Autism Spectrum Disorder, you could have had help years ago. I think I would be very angry with whomever said age 5.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Iv tried for him to see a child psychologist but camhs won't accept him while under a place called allens croft and atm there useless to me as he sees so many diffrent doctors they never see the real him and because he shows most of his behaviour at home and arround people he knows well they just dismiss it
    helpwithson

Comment by helpwithson (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Oh beileve me I have been very angry but they won't even consider autism until he shows it at school and they say they are unable to put him in a criteria box so I'm stuck but I. Have a friend with a child with autism and you wouldn't know unless you knew him we'll either
    helpwithson

Comment by helpwithson (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My son was screened for autism at 1 year old! I would try to find a new pedi asap
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2011