Wake 2 1/2 month old up to eat?

I know I shouldn't be complaining but our DD has been sleeping through the night 8pm to 5am for the past 7 nights eating last at 7pm and e every 3 hrs through
the day. She takes good restful naps and at least 7 wet diapers at minimum at 1-2 bowel movements a day we BF should we be waking her at night to eat? Thanks

yesmaam

Asked by yesmaam at 12:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope. Feed on demand. And if you begin to wake her up at night, she will begin waking up more at night. She is sleeping bc she doesn't need anything, a Clean diaper, food... She's happy. Let her sleep.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I wouldn't, IMO. I never woke any of mine, and she seems to be having enough wet, and poopy diapers.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I breast feed my child and i woke him up ever 4 hours if he didn't wake up to eat in tell he was 4 months old. But he is very light but very long so the doctor instructed me to do so. I would talk to your doctor about it. But do what your gut instincts tell you to do. I would wake him up but thats just me.
    vengels05

Answer by vengels05 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I wouldn't. She will wake up if she is hungry.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I wouldn't. Let her sleep :) she will let you know when she is hungry.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• If your baby is not waking up to eat and she is producing enough dirty diapers then I wouldn't Let her sleep she will wake up when she is ready to eat. If you are worried about your breast milk slowing down because she is not eating at night then just pump so you can keep up the flow plus you will have some put away for an emergency.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• NEVER wake a sleeping baby! :) I slept 10 hours my first night home (so my mother tells me). That is wonderful that she is sleeping so well. Just a word of warning/caution - enjoy this now. Two of my children slept through the night (6-10 hours) at a very young age, however one of them started waking up to nurse at around 6 months. He grows like crazy and would wake up multiple times at night. I felt like he was a newborn!! He is now 15 months and we are working on weaning him from nighttime feedings FINALLY. :)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• some of the best advice i ever got was to never for any reason wake a sleeping baby. (unless of course your house is on fire)

take a sleepy one as a blessing. when she's hungry enough, she'll wake up and let you know
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 4:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• From a milk supply stand point *I personally* woke my babies to feed every 4 hours until they were about 4 months old then still woke my self up to pump once during the night. I never went more than 5-6 hours without nursing or pumping.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Oh I forgot to mention that I do pump once over night I'm in too much pain not to
    yesmaam

Comment by yesmaam (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2011