Eating Food out of a freshly cleaned oven, is it safe?

I am 29 weeks pregnant and I'm going to my sisters for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow she said that she is going to clean her oven tonight, and she has never done it before. Do you think that I should be worried about the baby getting poisoned from eating food that is cooked in the oven?

ChristinaJ10108

Asked by ChristinaJ10108 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No it will be ok for u too eat the food... The cleaners they have now are safe to eat after using but if u are still worried about it call the local hospital and talk to a midwife about it
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 7:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• It should be absolutely fine the cleaners are designed not to harm anyone, I'm pretty sure, but if you are still worried and want to be safe then ring your midwife or just a health service will do.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 7:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Um, being it is her first time cleaning the oven, make sure she knows to bake out the fumes before cooking any food in it. Most cleaners SAY you don't have to bake it out, but just to be on the safe side, I always do. It also prevents any smoking from the oven from any cleaners you may have missed.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:37 PM on Nov. 26, 2008