Which would you rather have.........

A teddy bear hamster or a 55 gallon fish tank? Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Pets

• I'd say fish aren't so much as a pet - we've had multiple aquariums - more than 1 very large tanks and it's a lot of work to maintain them. If I wanted a PET I guess I'd pick the hamster if those were the options.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 2:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• we want to get a fish tank but it is for totally selfish reasons.. we fish and want to raise minnows so we have a year round supply.. as a pet i would rather a hamster.. easier clean up and more entertaining to watch for the kiddos
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I would rather have the hamster. Fish tanks are a lot of maintenance, and although they are beautiful I always feel like fish take more work and give less back than pets that you can actually have physical contact with. And I like little rodents, so that seals the deal! I would rather have a rat or guinea pig though, hamsters aren't my favourite rodents.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• We've had a 55 gal. Aquarium. If it was clean and kept up. That! I had a cat then. He'd sit on it and try to hit the fish for fun. He couldn't though. So having cats. No teddy bear hamster for his safety!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i dont know
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have a 20 gallon and its driving my crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I waiting for the fish to DIE lol... go hamster!
    Mommiepootie

Answer by Mommiepootie at 2:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Hey I'll take your 20 gallon! I have had 8 tanks at one time before, and I actually enjoy keeping them clean. I do it twice a week depending on the tank.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• well you didn't specify if the tank was filled with many fish or JUST water. LOL!
    I loved my teddy bear hamster, they sure are cute, cuddly and soft!
    But at this point in my life, i would appreciate the FISH tank... it is FAR better than watching a television!!!
    Carrie131

Answer by Carrie131 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2011