My baby has cradle cap. I was wondering what I should/could use to get rid of it?

Its not real bad, just looks like dandruff when I comb his hair. I saw some thing a long time ago about using vasiline, but I don't remember how long to keep it in his hair, and how often to use it. I'm looking for any useful tips.

Momma_Neko

Asked by Momma_Neko at 7:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they have cradle cap shampoo at stores but u can use alveno lotion and that works great
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 7:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• You can use a dandruff shampoo, but I wouldn't it is really harsh.. I used baby oil in his bath water and I keep his little head oiled up, my son has really sensitive skin.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Oh yeah I also use dove soap followed by the baby oil, and I use a soft toothbrush to stimulate his scalp.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Use olive oil, rub into his scalp, let set for a couple min then comb with a baby brush.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Cool. Thank You.
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 9:01 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I used baby oil for my girls and combed it out and it worked and then I was there hair and it was fine. Make sure you get as much as you can and you put something on his head because it my scab.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:35 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• one of the babysitters I know said you can soak a washcloth in water and put baby oil on top of their head. Cover the baby oil with the washcloth and let it sit for a couple minutes. Then use a baby comb to comb the top of the washcloth while it's on the baby's head. It's supposed to take that right off. I've never had to try it yet though.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 27, 2008