Okay...situation...

So...my DH sits down and talks to me about a "idea" his parents have. They live in NY and we live in MD. The winter was really hard on them, so they want to sell their house and move to MD. Okay, great...awesome....

Catch, they want to use the money from their house to put a down payment on a new house for my DH and I...and they get to live with us. My DH says that we can get our dream house, have an in-ground pool put in, ect. Luxury, great! However, I won't have piece of mind.

So, what do you all think? Should I just suck it up?

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• No.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol i dont care how much you love your inlaws living with them is never easy! if they put the money down on the house even though it is for you, it will always be their house because they bought it.. maybe suggest they buy one close to you instead.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Ask him 'since when did our dream house include either set of our parents?'
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• It would be great but if it means you lose your peace of mind.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Not worth it!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i would say NOOOOO as nice as you can!! We lived with my mother in law for about 6 months when we were saving money to buy a house, and I LOVE my mother in law and get along with her well! But you just learn a different side of ppl when you live under the same roof, wether it be they learn something about you or you about them or both, its just something that I don't think is that great for you or your relationship!! good luck!
    brittt25

Answer by brittt25 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I could live with my inlaws BUT,.....what about privacy??? I have to have my own place and do things my way. It would really be stressful to have to change everything to accomodate another pair of people. My inlaws were VERY easy to get along with---just about perfect people.We lived with them for a few weeks once in a while when we were being tranfered and visting but...it was still not private. I would not like losing my privacy at all.
    Good luck. This has to be you and your husband's decision!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Sometime to live with your mom and sisters in your house is not easy. It is going to be hard tolive with your inlaws, lol
    lelly1019

Answer by lelly1019 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• no way!!!!!
    Sessy89

Answer by Sessy89 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• That is a deal with the devil. I wouldn't do it.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 5:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2011