Appropriate outfit for teacher?

I'm a fourth grade teacher and since my kids have performed so well and done so much reading outside of class, I owe them something - a pie in the face! Actually, more like pies in the face, because each person who exceeded their requirements can pie me (that's 17 kids!). They can each make/buy their own pie and bring it in, so it will be more messy than just the whipped cream stuff!

I'm not sure what to wear on Monday when the kids get their reward. The only day we are permitted to "dress down" is on Friday so it must be dressy. Usually I wear a nice blouse with a blazer and pants/skirt, with a conservative heel. However my outfit will be getting covered in pie at the end of the day (It's going to be right before they go home for the day :) ). I realize that most people would go for wearing like a trashbag over their clothes and a hairnet, but I think that would be lame! My kids earned the right to mess me up a bit :)

Any advice? Also just to let you know there's no time in my schedule where i could change clothes before getting pied. I guess my kids would probably find it funniest if I just wore one my regular suits, haha, so I don't know. Maybe I should dress up as much or even more than usual so it's funniest for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• Just buy a rain slicker to put over your outfit.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I would wear something polyester. Nothing stains it. Make sure you have really nice hair and makeup that day too.

I bet your students LOVE you! :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Haha Orionsgirl I really don't want to do something like that..I don't know, I just don't think it would be any fun if I was all covered up! (for them, or for me haha).

SleepingBeautee that's probably a good idea! You mean like do my hair and makeup really, really nice so it's fun to mess up? :P
    I don't know if I should just wear my normal suit and just say the heck with it, or not. It would be the funniest if I just dressed up like normal.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• You could cut a hole out of a garbage bag for your head and arms and put in over your clothes. Or does that defeat the whole purpose?
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I would wear a polyester shirt, they make some really cute ones these days. And then I would wear my suit jacket during the day and just take the jacket off right before you get pied.

I do think it would be funny for them to see you in a trash bag too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I love this!!! I guess I'd wear something older and that won't be really devestating if it get's ruined.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I think you should still wear a nice outfit , but make it something in your closet you're not very fond of or never wear. That way they will still think they might be messing up one of your good outfits.
    Tracy67

Answer by Tracy67 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• @mommy: Well in my opinion it would....I don't know I think if I told them they could pie me, then I should let them pie me! Personally I'm thinking that if I were a kid and pieing someone I would be kind of disappointed if they were all covered up in a trashbag.

Yeah I could take the jacket off, or leave it on haha. I don't know. What do you think, dress pants or a skirt/tights? And heels.

How should I do my hair/makeup to make it best?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I think if it was me, I would choose a pair of slacks and a blouse that aren't my faves, and take off my jacket for said pieing. I would wear my hair and makeup the same as usual and match my jewelry to my outfit. It wipes off. I would wear something I don' t necessarily like, but still look nice for them.
    Tracy67

Answer by Tracy67 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2011