If your husband decided to leave for the weekend how much notice would you like?

I was happily grocery shopping with my oldest son this morning when i get a text saying husband and youngest want to go to my FIL's (3 hours away) this weekend and do I mind. I'm annoyed because he had said he was taking our oldest to see Sucker Punch plus it's short notice & we're never invited to go along. I told him I didn't care and that we didn't need him anyways.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I would want atleast a few days...
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i would like about a week or so. that way i could plan for what my ds and i could do.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Something like that would not bother me...if it was like a work trip or something along those lines at least a week.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I woud want a few days, I could see how that would be frustrating... why are you and the oldest not invited??
    brittt25

Answer by brittt25 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• It wouldn't bother me, we are a very spontaneous family.
    tracylynnr31767

Answer by tracylynnr31767 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• And....this is a problem? And when you told him you didn't need him anyway, what did you want to accomplsih by saying that? Maybe its that kind of snotty comment that makes him want to get away with kids and not invite you aong.
    Wise up,girl. You sound like someone who is no fun.l
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• This wouldn't bother me, but I guess I would expect him to give the same notice he would expect from me.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• We are never invited to his dads house Britt. He claims we're welcome but whenever he plans the trip he NEVER EVER asks if we're coming or if we'd like to go. He just announces that he's going. The couple times we've gone we have felt very unwelcome.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• If he's not dropping a previous committment that I or one of the kids was counting on and I'm not required to do anything extra to make the trip happen, then I don't care when he tells me.

If your son already knew about the plans to see Sucker Punch and was looking forward to it, I would be aggravated about that.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I would just need a day or so notice, I don't think I would care unless we made plans that he was breaking.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2011