Having a period every 2 weeks (might be TMI)

I started exercising a lot more and also not eating as much junk food about a month and a half ago. I was trying to get in shape a bit. After 2 or 3 weeks of this I had a period in between my normal periods. I figured it was due to my drastic change in lifestyle so I cut back on exercise and started eating a bit more. Now, 2 weeks after my last period it started again. So for two months I've had periods every two weeks. The periods are a lot like my normal period as far as how heaviness and duration. I've been on the same birth control for almost 10 years with no problems. It seems that the extra period is happening at the same spot in my birth control pills (the middle of the second week of active pills) Any ideas on what could be going on? I have a gyno appt. for April 1st but I'm going to call on Monday and see if they can get me in sooner. For now, I'm just worried. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks everyone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Health

• My sister had this problem. Not trying to scare you but she went to the doctor and found out she had a fibroid tumor. I hope every thing works out okay. Then again it could be because you are exercising. Our body does crazy things when you do new stuff. Good Luck!
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have this problem, but I know the reason. I get fibroid tumors (which are not necessarily a big deal, they often reabsorb into the body) and I'm 43. My gyno said I will eventually need a hysterectomy because I'm of an advanced age, and I don't want more kids. Sometimes this happens to women as they age. How old are you?
    Tracy67

Answer by Tracy67 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm 27
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• this happened to me when i was younger, but i wasn't on any birth control, and it was most likely from a ton of stress.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2011