Ok..mommies, I am cooking a pot roast. What temp do I put it on, if its cooking in the bag with veggies, and how many hours per pound?

;)

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I cook it in a bag with veggies, usually at 350 and mine take 2-2.5 hours. I usually cook about 3 pound roasts.

Take it out and test the longest cooking veg. with a flat spoon to see if it feels soft. that is the potatoes for me. If it feels hard pop it back in for another 20-30 minutes. For my roasts, when the potatoes and carrots are soft the meat is done too.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 3:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• You don't have a crock pot? That is the easiest way, toss it in with the broth and veggies, turn on low and walk away for half/all day.
    Otherwise , BASIC GOOGLE searches are your BEST BET for cooking tips/ recipes
    Carrie131

Answer by Carrie131 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'd say, 350. What does it say on the bag? Follow that. Do you have a meat thermometer to go by? I hope you do. Best of luck.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No, I dont have a meat thermometer...because I usually dont cook red meat. However, my kids were asking for a roast, so I am making it.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I always just follow the instructions on the cooking bag insert. They've always turned out great!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2011