What to do for my baby?

My 6 month old is having problem with her eyes. I think she has an eye infection because she keeps getting this goop is her eyes, and she keeps rubbing them. What can I do to help her? Thanks.

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 2:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Keep that area clean. Try not to let her rub it because if it is an infection it can spread. You may want to call the doctor and ask what you can do. Good Luck!
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i would take a damp warm wash cloth and wipe her eyes and then make an appointment with the doctor
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 2:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Take her to the pedi right away. Eyes arent something to wait on for meds. It might just be something monor but Im sure they will give you something to help.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Could be pink eye, my daughter and I both got it last fall, take your baby to the pediatrician right away.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• take to doctor if can. If not my mom used a wash cloth with just some salt water to clean our eyes and now use for my girls. Also be sure to wash everything cause If pink eye congatious and can spread.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• try a warm wash cloth call the dr also. look into the brand Little remidies they sell products just for babies
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2011