My daughter gets the same rash this time every year...

My girl will be 3 in May, and it seems every year she gets the same strange rash when it starts to get warm out. It just looks like a dry patch and it doesn't limit itself to creases (armpits/behind the knee, etc)... last year it was all over her left chest area. It seems to happen when it starts to get warm out and she's been in water a bit. I'm talking just regular bathing, not swimming or anything. We had a couple of warm days recently in the 80's and I started noticing it then, it started on her back on her right shoulder blade, and now it's on her arm and in the creases behind her knees. It doesn't seem to itch or irritate her, but it does get VERY red and irritated looking after she's been in water. (We just got out of the shower and the rash was VERY red after that.) The doc says it's a mild form of eczema every year and gives us a sample or 2 of Atopiclair but it doesn't seem to do anything. :\ Do any of you have children with the same thing? What can I do for it? I ask my mom and her answer to EVERYTHING is to slather Desitin all over it. I powdered her down with some medicated baby powder that has Zinc Oxide in it, (the active ingredient in Desitin).

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is there perhaps something used during summer months that she could be allergic to?
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Hmmm... no, we don't change anything in our normal routine, even if we change laundry detergents she never gets a reaction, it seems to only happen in the springtime. Something about springtime and her skin being wet... I usually dry her well and powder her down so I don't know where it's coming from. :\
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Our dd does to.. hers happens during all season changes but mostly in winter. The thing that works best for us is a sea salt bath about once a week when we start to see it. I was worried the salt would not feel well on her girl parts but she doesn't seem to mind.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2011