Tell me what I'm in for

I have a 9 yr old and about to have a newborn. So tell me in a few yrs when I have a teen and a toddler, how much hell am I in for? Anyone have a teen and baby/toddler now?

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 3:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• No,I don't have teen,and todler,but when I picture this ,,I feel it is hard, that is why I have 7,6 years old. I was pregnet with the first one and after 3 manths I got pregnet with the other one.
    lelly1019

Answer by lelly1019 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My fiance and I have 5 kids altogether. Only the oldest, mine, and ours lives with us. Sooo, an 8 year old, 1 year old, and going to be newborn. So far, its good. But my friend has a 13 yr old and a 3 yr old. She says they are hellians, but she loves them none the less. Shes also a single mom
    kandimomma

Answer by kandimomma at 3:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• We didn't plan on having 9 yrs between kids. We tried for several years to have a child but gave up thinking something was wrong. We never wanted to do fertility treatments so just accepted and was happy with our singleton. Then in Sept Surprise! I'm almost 34 weeks pregnant with our son. So very very big surprise but a happy one. :) It may have been due to depo prevera. I took it for years and I've heard of many women who took 5-10 yrs to conceive after stopping it.
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I think one of two things will happen. The teen will want to be a perfect "big sister/brother" or they will be so taken by the opposite sex and what's going on in their friends lives that they won't notice.
    Fractal_kitten

Answer by Fractal_kitten at 7:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Well teens are rough but manageable I have a teen and he has his moments but I have him under control...you have to constantly let him know your the boss and in control. He will test you to see what he can get away with but keep on him it can be done.
    My son is 16 and I'm on him and he really doesn't get in trouble but gets mad if i don't let him do everything his friends are able to do....thats being a good parent.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have a DS (12) and DD (9) from my first marriage, and DS (16 mo) from my second marriage, and I'm 43. Yes, some people think I'm nuts to be starting over again. Some women my age are already grandmothers. We're very fortunate that my older two are best friends and adore the baby. It's great to have an older child who can really help with the younger one. And just think: you'll never have TWO teenagers at the same time. I think that would be worse, personally. :)

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2011