Help!

How do I politely tell my pregnant sil that I don't want to give her any more advice, because all she is doing is turning around and listening to her friend who has never had kids.
I'd totally u derstand if I were giving bogus advice, or my opinions, but she's asking things about nursing, and induction.... How does her friend know?!
I don't want to upset my sil because I know how crazy hormones can make pregnant women feel, but it feels like a slap in the face when she bluntly tells me, "well, so and so ( her friend) said this, so we are going to do to that." Seriously?
I honestly don't care who she's taking advice from, but if she is always asking me, then turning around, telling me I'm wrong bc so and so said something different, then why ask me in the first place?

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 3:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Just tell her you don't feel confortable tell her what to do, its something her and her hubby should decide together. or just tell her what you would do and if she doesnt do it that way so be it.. no harm no fowl... or she'll come back saying MAN i should have listened to you... and you can secretly smile :O)
    brittt25

Answer by brittt25 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Next time she asks I would ask what has she thought about it, than suggest to her she make the decision thats best for herself.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Just don't give her anymore advice.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 3:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have to ask...Does this friend have some kind of professional training or something that would make your SIL trust in her advice? In any case, in your place I'd be as bluntly honest with her as she is being with you and just tell her how you feel about what she's doing and saying.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 4:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2011