Girl and boy sleep over...

do you think it is inappropriate?
there is gonna be my 8 year old, 3 of her friends,my youngest daughter,my 2 god daughters,my step daughter and 1 of her sisters on her dads side and then for the boys my 3 nephews,her 2 brothers from her dad side,and her 2 God brothers,&her cousin on her dads side
when its time to go to sleep
the girls will have there sleeping bags on my bedroom floor and my little brother (17) and his friends will be in the living room with the boys

we were going to play a lot of games with girls vs boys and i just thought it would be different there are no boys from her school coming all of the boys are related to us so i thought it would be a great idea

do you think it is inappropriate?

also my Bff and my sister are going to spend the night over to help with the party too

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 3:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think its a good idea. It sounds all family related as well as adult supervised...have fun!!
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I wouldn't think anything of it if it were family. Non family coed sleepovers are something that I will not ever allow my children to do though. They can have 'sleepovers' when they're adults.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I would say it is inappropriate for mixed genders, but family is fine. I would just be sure to have some strict rules on bedtime and a lot of supervision, but it sounds like they will have a lot of fun!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 3:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• family reunion?
    Anonymous

• Sounds like family...don't see the problem. Over the summer we spent the weekend with my in-laws. The kids had a HUGE sleepover. There were 8 kids. The boys were 11 and 8 1/2 and the girls were 10, 7 1/1, 7, 6, 4 and 3. They all slept together either all over the furniture in the kitchen (little sitting room with a small couch and recliners) or on the floor of my sil's bedroom in a "tent" they made out of blankets and pillows. They had a blast.
    I also had co-ed sleepevers as a kid. Both me and my brother would invite friends over to sleep. Usually we'd go to our separate rooms to sleep but sometimes all of us would just crash in the living room (girls on the couch/loveseat, boys on the floor). It helped that 2 of our best friends were brother/sister so we'd spend the night at their house or they'd come over to our house (they lived next door). Me and my brother were 7 and 9 and they were 9(boy) and 6(girl).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Sounds great to me. Have fun
    reaandiziesmama

Answer by reaandiziesmama at 4:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I think that's a great idea. As long as there is supervision and separate sleeping arrangements, I see no problem! Good luck, that's a lot of kiddos!
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• @JustCantWait88:) a whole lot of kiddos but what can i say..i love the kids
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No as long as there are adults in site at all times and the girls are sleeping with you then there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's what people make of it that makes it bad.
    I would say bad idea if there wasnt going to be adults in the house....otherwise have fun.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2011