Swinging on a swing helps with talking

When I was little, I didn't talk until I was almost 3 years old. My mom was getting worried about me and one of her doctors told her to just sit me in a swing and swing me as much as she could. The doctor explained about how the motions effect the inner ear, which is associated with speaking...or something like this. The swinging helped me and I haven't shut up since! So my question is, HOW does swinging actually help someone to talk?

My son is 18 months old and barely says two words, so I'm definitely going to to try this with him this summer. But I'm just curious about the ins and outs of this..

MichaelsMom330

Asked by MichaelsMom330 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Kids' Health

• swinging helps you talk and do many many things.. its a sensory thing, it kind of helps your thinking cap go on faster, it does move the liquids around in your inner ear and throw you off balance, but in doing that there is something that helps you gain a lot of sensory things that help you out.. sorry that I'm not giving a perfect answer but if you google a sensory swing i bet a bunch of information will pop up at you =]
    spitfire06

Answer by spitfire06 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• oh or try baby can read! it does amazing things :)
    spitfire06

Answer by spitfire06 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I never heard of that. But I'm sure google with be of good use to you for the answer.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 7:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2011