How can i feel happier?

I have my son and my husband...but why do i not feel as happy as i use too. I am so stressed my husband cheated on me and i cant seem to work past it! HELP

Michelle_8107

Asked by Michelle_8107 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• Well it's going to take time. Trust has to be earned again. He hurt you. Have you forgiven him? Take a retreat together. Go to counseling together.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 7:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Betrayal can negate feelings of happiness big time. Just as the previous poster said, it will take time and forgiveness and lots of work to get past it. Maybe you could spend time with other ppl and that will help you not focus on the negative that has happened. Stay busy. Stay involved both with family and with friends. Happiness might be a long shot for now. Try for contentment and work up to happiness.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I agree. Just try being content for now. Happiness is fleeting but you can always be content with your life if you work at it. True joy goes beyond circumstances. Try doing things you like, or try new things to get a new hobby going. Exercise does wonders for me. Counseling is a good idea. Have you both talked about the infidelity and decided how you are going to work through it?
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I would begin by making some changes in myself to make myself feel better. Also important, do random acts of kindness for your spouse. It is amazing the good things that can happen in your relationship when you don't wait on the other person (the one who "screwed up") to make it up to you somehow, to make the first move, to give you the assurance you need, etc. etc. but make the first move yourself. When I do this, I find that my husband repays the kindness and we end up taking turns doing nice things for each other instead of waiting around for the "wrong one" to fix things.
    NikkiMomof2grls

• well its been 19 years since my husband cheated on me and ya no what you will never forget, i think about it not every day but a lot,and i guess i never told him i accept his apology maybe thats way i have not forgive him,i just answer my own problem ,i need to forgive him,then maybe i can stop thinking about this i feel so much better.
    Anonymous

• i know how you feel girl. it also sucks to feel like you dont have a close GIRL friend to actually talk to too and who truly understands you. im here for ya
    aiden1337

Answer by aiden1337 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2008