Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

How do I give him space? Trying to listen to marriage councilor.

The councilor said to give him space. I just don't know how to ignore a person who lives in my house. I want my husband back. I know he needs to think but I think I am prego again and I need him back.

Answer Question

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

Level 17 (3,325 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • that would be like dropping a bomb on your dh. if you are i would def wait to tell him. maybe not tell him at all if he is being an ass. let him ask you if you are and if he asks why you didnt come to him then say "well, i thought you needed your space"

    Answer by shay1130 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

  • omg i am sooo sorry momma maybe give it a week and dont ask him seriouse questions and get out of the house as much as possible try and relax best of luck to you!!!!!

    Answer by kylansmommy09 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

  • You can give someone space without ignoring them. Giving them space means not breathing down their back, not asking a million and ten questions, or nagging about something that needs to be done that can wait. It's about letting them go out without blaming them for cheating or that they don't love you....If he's watching can sit in the same room while giving him the space he a book, or watch tv and just leave him alone.
    I don't know your situation, but a friend of mine is going to marriage counseling....and as much as she needs her husband there with her....she's going to lose him if she keeps forcing the relationship to work...relax, learn how to depend on yourself...and don't stress about being pregnant, until you know for sure that you are...take it one second/day at a time. Good Luck

    Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

  • Well, I'd say to keep any conversations light. Nothing serious. Get out of the house as much as possible, try to stay busy in another part of the house when you both are home. And, try asking the marriage councilor just HOW to give your hubby space. They should have given you some pointers on that to begin with. Also, I think it only fair that your hubby give some time of time frame as to when this 'I need some space' will be over. 'I don't know' is not fair. If he wants YOU to be fair, then he has to be fair as well. Discuss this, of course, at the councilors office.

    Answer by Raine2001 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

  • Start doing things for yourself and focus on you. Go out with friends or just reconnect with some, take yourself out shopping or just on walks, find a new hobby. These will distract you and make you feel like you need him or miss him less, GL

    Answer by gypsymama532 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

  • First off I would never go to a counciler because they are Human just like me and have problems like me so how can they tell you how to do things and they don't even know you and live your life from day to day.
    You need to work on your relationship yourself and talk about the issues to see even if you want to reslove them or not you don't need anyone to tell you that and pay them big bucks (crazy).
    Your husband needs to talk to you, communication is the key to any relationship and he needs to do thatWTF space for what you live together so he needs to open his mouth and if he wants space then leave but you might not want him backkk......Hope it works out

    Answer by dusty1962 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.