If you saw bad parenting what would you do? Seriously?

If you saw something that made you feel uncomfortable, and worried about someone's kids what would you do?

Try to advice the parents involved, voicing your concerns?

Ignore it?

Or report it to Child services/Social services(UK)?

LaraHappyMummy

Asked by LaraHappyMummy at 3:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• A child would have to be in risk of serious harm before I would call CPS.

Bad parenting is pretty vague. There are tons of bad parents out there.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• report it to cps
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I was in a parking lot and saw two kids climbing around in a car that was on.... I waited, waited, called security from my cell... and when the mom got out gave her a piece of my mind... security came and I left.

Anonymous

• depends on what i seen if i thought it was really worring yes i would tell social servces
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 3:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I would have to know more about the situation before reporting someone's parenting to CPS.
    If I knew the person enough to strike up conversation about our children, than I would be able to give advice and hope for the change in their ways of parenting.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I would ........
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• questions like this always get to me a little bit.... I can see if it is a life threatening situation, or a child could get seriously injured....but what is dangerous behavior for one parent, isn't for another......I saw a mother at Walmart the other day...her kid was screaming and running back and forth in the aisle...he'd get close to his mom stop, kick her in the shin....and continue to run around....she finally had enough and busted his butt.... and yes some A@@hole beside me called the cops....reported her for child abuse....Let me tell you my first concern was not with this little hellion..it was with the idiot that called and reported her for spanking him....and he got a piece of my mind...and I wrote my number down, gave it to this woman and told her...if you have any problems call me....there was of course a lot more that went on...however..my point is..sometimes it's better to mind your own business.
    Anonymous

• i would mind my own. the only time i would butt in is if i knew the child was in serious danger or if i saw a parent hitting a child in a way they should not be hitting ..( anywhere other than there butts.)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I say that unless its TRULY hurting the child or has the potential to hurt the child, then I would either talk to the mom if i knew her well enough, or just let it go. If someone leaves their kids in the car, yes I would call the cops. If someone is driving around with their child not buckled properly yes i would call cops. If the kids are just not parented well, then I would let i t be.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:46 PM on Mar. 26, 2011