7 month old that gets bored so easy!!

I play with my 7 month old boy a lot. He just seems to be so jumpy from thing to thing that its almost hard to hold him now. He gets so bored so easy with EVERYTHING! I even give him his "alone time" because I thought thats what he wanted but he gets bored and cries within like 5 minutes. I have plenty of toys for him and play with him a lot, as I said before. I just cant seem to make him happy!!! Any ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son does the same thing. I give him toys and he throws them down and do you have a walker I put my son in that and he goes all over the house and loves it for a while then gets bored again so if you have a mirror put it in front of him my son loves it and see how that works . My son can look in the mirror for hours if I let him haha. He is 8months
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My son got bored really easily at that age, too... I tried EVERYTHING, I ended up buying him new toys constantly b/c once he played with something once, he wouldn't play with it again. I just kept trying new things, he eventually enjoyed reading and a few other things, but I bet you that here in a month or so when your babe starts crawling, the problem will vanish. They get such a kick out of being mobile that they forget to be bored!
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 11:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My daughter gets bored quickly too, you have to think outside of the box and use your imagination lol. Anabelle loves when I take her in the kitchen and let her smell all kinds of different herbs and spices, it's good for their brains too. Does he like to go outside? Have you put on some fun music and danced with him? You could try just giving him some tupperwear, wooden spoons and pots and pans, Anabelle would choose that over her own toys anyday. Do you sing with him?? You could read books, teach colors, let him touch different textures, play in a bath together, give him some water in a sippy, go on a walk in the stroller. Do you have any type of sling or baby carrier?? Sometimes that's the funnest thing for them to just sit on your hip, belly or back and help you do all the chores around the house, I would reccommend a ring-sling, it's my favorite. Hope you can find a way to keep him entertained :)
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 12:51 AM on Nov. 28, 2008