What are examples of "bad parenting"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• in my opinion
    -dirty/messy home
    - dirty kids
    -smoking in your house
    -not paying attention
    -doing drugs
    -going out all the time
    -not cooking 3 healthy meals for your kids
    -beating/abuse
    -not disciplining
    -cursing around them
    -teaching your kids to be intollerant
    -
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Starving a child, beating him/her (not to be confused with spanking), emotional abuse, not teaching that child morals and manners....I can tell you that not everyone is going to agree with everyone else...I raise my children a certain way, and if I didn't have common sense, i could say that because you don't raise your child the same way I do mine....that you are a bad parent.....
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• This is the parenting debate section, not the religious debate section.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Most of you have pointed out a lot of things I would have. But seening fat little kids eating lage bag of chips and soda drives me nuts and ofcoures moms putting soda in a baby's bottle. I see this a lot when shopping. And we wonder why kids are so fat!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Outside of abuse and neglect, "bad parenting" is all a matter of opinion. Each parent, each child and each situation is going to require different kinds of parenting. That doesn't mean that one type of action is bad while another is not, it simply means they are different. If you are doing what you feel is in your child's best interest and you aren't abusing or neglecting them in the process I don't see how I, or anyone else, is qualified to say what you're doing is bad parenting.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Having kid after kid just so you can get more money from welfare. That I think is a bad parent or like a girl I know that uses her child's disability check to buy weed for herself and her boyfriend when her kids are wearing hand me down clothes and don't have good winter coats or money for school lunches.
    Sessy89

Answer by Sessy89 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• you two fighting and bringing religion nto ths, is rediculous! And God exists to me and my children, and that is a good thing! Also Jesus was God in human form, he is called his "son" b/c he created him! He didnt send his son to die he sent himself in human form, if you actually read the bible and tried to understand it! Both of you are fickle sad women who seem to hate yourselves so much that you are willing to hurt others! SHAMEon you!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• there are alot. i think the one that bugs me the most is parents not knowin where their children are or seein a 5 yr old runnin town without adult supervision
    LindasueDa

Answer by LindasueDa at 9:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• not parenting
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Thinking that your way of parenting is any better than someone else's way of parenting.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2011