Why do people assume...

That you've read every question and that if they are asking about another question, your a moron for not making that connection? Sorry, but I have a life outside this tiny screen, and kids who depend on me. But gimme a break, don't start spilling rude comments if someone didn't make the connection....

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 3:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in About CafeMom

• People assume way too much about everything. I had a rant journal a few days ago about people making assumptions.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    agree
    agree
    agree
    agree
    Anonymous

• Why do people assume they KNOW why someone is asking a question and feel they should insult them for what they assume that reason to be instead of first looking around to see if there's more to it? And why to people feel compelled to include their assumption instead of simply answering the question? People do lots of ignorant and irrational things, don't they?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I did that last week. Answered the question, then couldn't help myself, went back and made an assumption about the reason for the question. Never done it before and have no idea why I was so driven to do it. She called me out and I've felt bad about it ever since. Haven't apologized or anything but...still can't figure out why I felt so inclined to go back. dumb dumb dumb. You learn something new about yourself all the time. Thanks Cafe Mom, I needed that.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Now, don't get me wrong, but normally when one asks a question, it's to get the other persons opinion, correct? Regardless of if you agree with it or not. Also, if one wants a complete answer instead of half, or incomplete answer, shouldnt the one asking the question include the entire question?? As for including opinions in answers.... My bad, maybe we should limit the questions to yes no, that way no ones feelings can get hurt if someone simply points out how their question makes them look.
    BabyBugsmama

Comment by BabyBugsmama (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My bad, maybe we should limit the questions to yes no, that way no ones feelings can get hurt if someone simply points out how their question makes them look.

The only person who had their feelings hurt, apparently, was you. Regardless, don't go into a question throwing baseless accusations at people and then whine about being called out for it later. As you were told in the question - if you don't want that kind of response, don't beg people to give it to you.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• So, because I asked a question, my feelings were hurt? Nope. I don't know you, nor care to. Apparently, your feels were hurt bc you felt the need to answer my question..... Which was an actual question, that didn't pertain to just you. And you got pretty defensive about my statement.... If it was u true, it shouldn't really have bothered you, and how am I whining? Saying that people shouldn't ASSUME that people have read every single question, is whinig? Sorry.... And why do you feel the need to copy and pick apart answers? If you don't like my answers, or my questinons, ignore it!!
    BabyBugsmama

Comment by BabyBugsmama (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Apparently, your feels were hurt bc you felt the need to answer my question

No, I'm laughing at you. You made a fool of yourself, and rather than back off, you ran here to cry about how horrible it was that people called you out for being rude.  So I'll ask again. Why do people assume they KNOW why someone is asking a question and feel they should insult them for what they assume that reason to be instead of first looking around to see if there's more to it? And why to people feel compelled to include their assumption instead of simply answering the question?

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Alright, I am going to be the bigger person, step away, and agree to completely disagree.
    BabyBugsmama

Comment by BabyBugsmama (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2011