She just told me we're related, like 4th cousins or some bullsh*t like that.....but it's too late? WTF WTF WTF

I enjoy his company, I like him, and could see myself being with him for long term. Today my mother just told me we're related. Like 4th of 5th cousins, but for some reason I don't believe her. She said my uncle married his wife, after 5 years of being together they found out they were cousins, which the man I would like to be with is my uncle's, wife's, niece's son. I am in such a shock, and would like to go off myself now lol ... WTF!!!!!! How can I really make sure it's true or not? GOD I HOPE IT'S NOT!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• you can try a family tree thing
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Just remember, Cain married his sister...After the flood, Noah's grandkids could only procreate with their cousins...and that's first cousins.

Some cousin way down the line? That's not bad, IMO.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• uncle's wife's ..neices..son..i can't even calculate that. so no blood relation right? its her sister..daughters..child. i think. who cares?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My uncle married his wife (which after 5 years, found out it was his cousin, either first OR 2nd) so my aunt by marriage (who married my uncle) HER niece's son is the man i am talking to
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• dude that is not even blood relation...it sounds like your family MARRIED into his family. You aren't really any true relation in a true sense of the word. Your mom may be telling you this because you doesnt want you to be with the guy.
    ky_phoenix

Answer by ky_phoenix at 3:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• 4th or 5th... what is the big deal????
    Anonymous

• i think enough generation has passed for you guys to have a chance. if anything was going to be fucked up it wouldve started with your aunt and uncles kids
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• The big deal? I don't want to date a family member weither that be 2nd cousin or 50th cousin lol, nonsense! I just wouldn't feel right. But not marrying into a family, they found out after being together for 5 years they were related, and they were in too deep just to forget it all and go on, they ended up getting married.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• you are crazy. chances are half the people that are married are married to their 5oth cousin..or closer. ..you know we are all tied together some way
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• ok... just looked it up.
    cousins share a grandparent
    2nd a great grandparent
    3rd a great great grandparent
    4th a great great great grandparent
    5th a great great great great grandparent

so really that bothers you????
    Anonymous