Nap time

i have to fight with my 17m old son to take a nap and the dr thinks he should have 2 a day.. how often does your little ones nap?

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I dont think they should have two a day because then they wont go to bed at night, your is a little older maybe if he was a new born i see that. I would give mine a nap at the same time each day we would have lunch then lay down and depinding what time you have lunch the nap time would be from 2-3 hr. this way they still go to bed on time and are not up all night. You can lay with him for a bit or give him his fav. stuff toy to sleep with. Then tell him its nap time see you when you get up say some thing fun will happen after he takes his nap some thing you know he'll like. I mean like say oh we can go play out side when you get up or you can play with your fav. toy or were going to eat this ( what ever he likes) this way he'll be more to laying down and wanting to get the nap over with and there shouldnt be any fighting. The time means alot so they can get on a schedule and they will start to get tired on their own.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• At 17 months all my kids had gone to 1 nap/day in the afternoon. With my 2 yo we are very consistent about lunch, one 30 min tv show (while I feed his sister lunch), read a book and then lay down. He doesn't fuss because he knows the routine.

Answer by missanc at 9:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2011