Gas is killing me =[

I hate being stuck at home,I want to go out and do things like go to the lake take the kids to the mountains and go sledding. I put $11 in the other day and got only 3 gallons of gas. If it goes up anymore I won't be able to drive anywhere. Anyone feeling my pain too. I might invest in a moped or scooter! My kids said I need to learn to skateboard hahaha fat chance.

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 4:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes I feel it too. It cost me $38 to fill the tank the other day, when it use to be less than $30 for a fill up. : (
    If its like this now, what will the summer be like?? : (
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• thank the headache
    in Lybia
    Anonymous

• geo metro older cars but get incredible gas mileage, hard to find 4 sale, but are small, 4 seater cars, perhaps not up to safety standard, but maybe drivin around town wouldnt be so bad for a inexpensive car. or an older model toyota corolla. i pretty much do everything in 1 or 2 days per week shopping on my end. good luck!
    nperc23

Answer by nperc23 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Gas is $4.17 here... It costs $90.00 to fill-up. I'm stuck at home to say the very least.
    HannahMayr

Answer by HannahMayr at 5:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Same here!! I needed a return post mammogram last month! But its too far away to get gas money for and I'm afraid of how bad it will hurt. I'm not healed. But yes. We're jobless here and down on our luck! Gas prices are Hard here! I hate being stranded at home! I was so much already due to my Cancer! Then this Winter here has been the snowiest in 122 years!! We've been snowed in! I can't look anywhere without seeing Snow! These high prices hurt many of us!! Best of luck getting out & away!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Ugh- I hate just thinking about it! I rarely get to go anywhere now since I don't want to spend a TON of money just for gas! So all week long, all I do is drop off and pick up the girls from school. That's it. My neighbors probably think I'm a hermit or something! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• We are so lucky to live somewhere with great public transit!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2011