Does your SO make you feel like a hermit?

Mine does. He never wants to do anything, then complains every now and then because we don't spend time together, even though he stays in the bedroom almost constantly when he's home. I try to get him to go out with me sometimes, but unless it's a quick (I mean like 10 minutes or less) trip to the store, he whines about it like crazy.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I go out by myself then or did now that I am single I can go out all of the time.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• omg my husband is so the same lol.. well he doesnt go to the room.. he comes home from work and we watch tv all night. i understand i stay home and he works but i want out of the house too lol
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I don't know if you're a stay-at-home mom or not, but I kinda feel ya.

I hate having to drag all 4 kids with me, alone, anywhere I go...right now is OK because I can usually do most of my shopping while they're all at school. But my husband would rather stay home and sleep (understandable, really considering his job and everything), but its nice to be able to go out and spend time with him. And he will, once in a while. Used to, he'd never want to go out with me. He said since he was gone all day working, he wants to come home and just veg...while I've been cooped up in the house all day with the kids and want OUT...WITH him.

Have you tried sitting down and chatting with him about it?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• mine is like that too....it gets old
    Anonymous

• mine is like that too...i cant stand him anymore
    Jgreg

Answer by Jgreg at 4:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have the opposite problem. Mine wants to go all the time. I have some disabillities and it's hard for me to go.
    HeidisMom800

Answer by HeidisMom800 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• jokeinly say well honey how can we spend time together when your friend is the bed....lets go out do something, anything just get out...go to the library whatever.
    Tell him and see what he says.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have the opposite problem my BF has no kids and a pretty active lifestyle while i have to be home w my DS but we mesh pretty well usually he works, takes care of w.e. after work then comes to my house and spends the rest of his day hanging out w me & DS
    Logan17000

Answer by Logan17000 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Nope- I'm the hermit in our relationship! lol I don't stay in the bedroom all the time though- I want to be with the family, just not anyone else.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm the hermit in this relationship. I just wanna stay home, in the whole house not just one room. I would be perfectly content not leaving the house for any reason for months at a time. Of course this has never happened but I think I would enjoy every moment of it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2011