I can't get her to sleep!!

My baby girl is almost a month old and i can't get her to sleep!! She was awake last night from 6 til 10:30, eating almost the whole time, and woke up again at 1 and was up every 1 - 2 hours all night. She was up again at 8 and has been awake the whole time (except for maybe 10 minutes) it's now almost 2:30 and I can't get her to sleep. She's been eating the whole time. She'll stop for 1/2 - 1 hour and then be hungry again!! PLEASE HELP

MidniteMochaMom

Asked by MidniteMochaMom at 5:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• could be a growth spurt...makes them hungrier than usual...
    is this an unusual pattern for her? You might look into the No Cry Sleep Solution http://www.pantley.com/index.html its really helping us!
    good luck!! it does get better!!
    afeather

Answer by afeather at 5:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• this is a totally unusual pattern, she was having a normal awake to eat for about an hour or 2 and then sleep for 2-3 hours and be awake at night for 4-5 hours in a feeding frenzy and then sleep for 3-4 hours.
    MidniteMochaMom

Answer by MidniteMochaMom at 6:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Keep her up every two hours durring the day (feed her). You have to be persise. It will take a month, but it does work. It worked on all three of my kids!!!
    krcute2007

Answer by krcute2007 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• try swaddling her. and try different places like the swing, or the car seat.
    onesleepymama

Answer by onesleepymama at 8:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• she just cries when you set her down... it's 90 degree today but she's indiferent when i swaddled her...
    MidniteMochaMom

Answer by MidniteMochaMom at 11:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• You may be over feeding her. I didn't think it was possible, but I had the same problem with one of mine. The doctor told me that they will continue eating, because they think it will end the discomfort. Feed her for 10-15 min, burp her, and lay her on the floor on her belly. Stay close, rub her back, soothe her. If you have time, lay her on your chest, and try to get her to relax.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 1:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2008