I'm gonna be fat and ugly forever! adult content

you know. It's funny. Most people see someone overweight and they think, that person eats too much or that person shouldn't eat so much junk food. We blame things like diet, exercise, lack of will power, addiction to food, etc as to why some people are over weight.

Then there is me.

Explains this. I've always ate healthy, yet am plagued with heath problems that force me into a diet of only plain veggies, some fruit, skinless chicken breast, tuna in water, plain beans ( dry beans cooked) and nothing else. I drink only water, herbal tea sometimes as a treat. Go off the diet, symtoms come back so I say on the diet.

Guess what? I weigh most days between 195 & 200 lbs. (weight slightly fluctuates daily) I only eat when I'm hungry.

So what gives? Why on earth am I so gosh darn fat?! How one gets fat off the food I eat doesn't make any sense. I get some exercise too. I never ever loose weight. No idea why.

I guess I'm gonna be fat forever...what can I do? I can't change anything. kinda sucks. People see me and I know they must think I down a gallon of icecream a day. (and I'm allergic to dairy! go figure.)

Anyone eles face with something like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• My advice is check for allergies and glandular issues, the #1 reason for obesity isn't over-eating, it's a gluten allergy! Good luck! *hugs*
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 4:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• you might have a slower metabolism im assuming you have already spoken with you dr. are you taking any medications? alot of times meds have ALOT to do with it. Good luck MOMMY!!!!!!!!!! (((hugs)))
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Thanks for the hugs :-)

Ya, I've done the elimination diet to look for allergies. That's how I discovered what I can eat. I can't eat any grains at all even rice or corn. Wheat is a big no no for me so gluten isn't the problem. But your very right, I've heard that before that people with gluten allergies are often over weight because of it. I even know someone who had the problem and lost a lot of weight just by giving up gluten.

Maybe I devolped anyother allergy? I really hope not, there's not much food left for me too eat.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• no meds :-) I could very well have a slow metabolism
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I work out and talk to my doctor I found I have dairy allergies and in a week with new doctor I am having myself rechecked for gluten allergies its all I can do.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm just plain fat because I don't exercise except twice a week for an hour each time. I basically whatever I want so I've been fat for 5 1/2 years and I'm between 195 and 200 most days. My weight fluteates too. I have endometriosis and it makes it hard to lose anyway plus I'm on depression medicine.
    leomommy1325

Answer by leomommy1325 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have the exact opposite of your problem, but sometimes it can be just as hard to lose weight as it is to gain weight. I have so much trouble gaining weight and people think I'm anorexic and I've never had an eating disorder I hate the way I look, I look like a 12 year old I feel disgusting. So I feel your pain when it comes to how we see ourselves. But please don't hate your body. It's hard I know trust me lol. Maybe you should check with your doctor for any underlying problems that could be making it hard to lose weight. You may have diabetes,thyroid problem,metabolism slow, and many others. Definitely do that and good luck to you :)
    bellaambru90

Answer by bellaambru90 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Have you had your thyroid tested?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• How about having a light dinner? My doctor told me to lose weight......I weigh 216 now in March and weighed 197 in December. I was off work from Oct-Feb. I love to walk but did'nt do anything!! Very ashamed of myself for letting myself go like I have. My folks are worried about me, Mom told me to try eating salads with very little dressing. SALAD and WATER. Not to happy about that choice for dinner. I read where you should have your heavier meal at lunch and eat light at dinner. can you have salad? I wish you all the best!
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 9:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Have you checked with a doctor to see if there's a thyroid issue going on??
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2011