Muslims aren't protected by the 1st Amendment?

From Bryan Fischer, the host of the daily ‘Focal Point’ radio talk program on AFR Talk, a division of the American Family Association:

The First Amendment was written by the Founders to protect the free exercise of Christianity. They were making no effort to give special protections to Islam. Quite the contrary.

Got that? The Constitution only protects Christianity. Fischer continues:

Islam has no fundamental First Amendment claims, for the simple reason that it was not written to protect the religion of Islam. Islam is entitled only to the religious liberty we extend to it out of courtesy. While there certainly ought to be a presumption of religious liberty for non-Christian religious traditions in America, the Founders were not writing a suicide pact when they wrote the First Amendment.

So the Constitution, the second holiest document ever written, can be interpreted to not cover any religion not expressly mentioned? Considering it makes zero references to Christianity, this is a dangerous precedent to set.

Isn’t it funny how the Second Amendment is not subject to any kind of interpretation whatsoever but the First is as malleable as conservative ethics?

Read the rest here if you can stomach it: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/fischer/110324

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/03/24/bryan-fischer-muslims-not-protected-by-the-1st-amendment/

Friday

Asked by Friday at 4:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Read the rest here if you can stomach it

No, I can't, I'll take your word for it. I'm just going to take a page from V6

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsSg6BHV03uJ82TOyxJrmHWVbZvCrBbsx5R5pkk2yTFcVrEPwM&t=1

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• They do have freedom of speech----but a lot of them don't think we should have that same freedom to say negative things about them---go figure that!
    lecates

Answer by lecates at 4:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• – collapse
    Well, thats NOT how the Law works today, it protects EVERY American Citizens 1st amendment rights, NOT just Christians. Do you know how hateful you sound with crap like this?? Next you will say all Christians are terrorists because Timmothy McVay was a terrorist Christian.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• vbruno, are you talking to me? I never said that, dude in the article I posted did.

Friday

Comment by Friday (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Excuse you, vbruno?

Friday

Comment by Friday (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Excuse you, vbruno?

There isn't one
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm wondering wtf I did to warrant name calling. Is it not obvious this is an article and not my words?

Friday

Comment by Friday (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Well, I suppose he is exercising his first amendment right to freedom of speech. While Christianity was the religion of the day, I think if the FF intended to exclude other faiths they would have been a bit more specific.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:46 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Is it not obvious this is an article and not my words?

It is to anyone who can read.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Friday, the guy is an ignoramous and as for vbruno, you just have to consider the source and ignore.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2011