One year old wants to be held or cuddled though nap and sleep time.

My one year old always wants me to hold him to go to sleep, nad then I have to lay next to him for 15-20 min just to make sure he won't wake up. I have a 3 year old and a little one on the way, so this situation cannot go on any longer. How can I break him of needind me to go to sleep?

MommyShannon90

Asked by MommyShannon90 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Perhaps his favorite stuffed toy? Maybe sing to him for a few minutes. Gradually decrease the time you spend laying next to him.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Cant tell you how but the way i did with my daughter was hold her till she was about asleep. just where her eyes closed then slowly lay her down. keep this up and adventauly it works. when they are fightint their sleep and just screaming to be hold lay them in their bed and let then cry for 5 minutes if they are not asleep after 5 minutes pick them up and hold them for five minutes. they will more then likely fall asleep. mine did
    proudteenmom13

Answer by proudteenmom13 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2011