Have a look and tell me what you'd be interested in reading!

As a doula, childbirth educator, and lactation counselor I have started a blog to be informative and helpful. Check it out! And tell me what you subjects you would like to see written about.

http://womankingmaternity.blogspot.com/

Warning: I advocate natural pregnancy and childbirth, though that isn't the extent of my experience and professional knowledge. If you don't want to hear about encouragement in that direction or my own personal feelings during my own personal experiences, then you may not want to look at my blog. Women don't become doulas and natural childbirth educators in an effort to maintain the status quo during medicalized birthing.

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 4:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Congratulations on your blog! I have one suggestion that is NOT what you asked for feedback on so I hope it doesn't tick you off, but I find that the font is very difficult to read. I think you'll have more success at keeping readers on your page, and coming back to your blog, if you change the font to something not so...squinty. :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Whew! You know how touchy cafemoms can be! I was really hoping you weren't going to tear me a new one, lol.

Part of a website/blog's success is dependent on it's ease of use/readability. I found this very difficult to read and would lose interest very quickly if I was just browsing around the internet looking for articles on breastfeeding or birthing. That would be a shame, because I'm sure the content is great :-) Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Thanks for your input. I was actually wondering about that.
    misses_nick

Comment by misses_nick (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I already changed it. That's how much I appreciated your feedback!
    misses_nick

Comment by misses_nick (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• goodThat looks AWESOME!

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Personally, I'd like to see less negativity about the medical community, and a less judgemental-sounding tone overall. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't feel comfortable asking you questions after reading your personal statement due to your overly hardlined stance against interventions and pharmacological pain management.

If you truly want to help people, you need to listen and speak with an open mind and an open heart instead of shoving your personal opinon down people's throats.
    Anonymous