HPV VACCINE

To give or not to give???

viv212

Asked by viv212 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Kids' Health

• To give
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Give!! Some protection is better than NO protection.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Give. I never got it, and now I have high-risk HPV... My sister's been getting the vaccine since she was about 11 or 12.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Considering that there is no protection against HPV and that most people are not with one virgin partner their entire lives I would say in this case give. Although it is important to note that there are dozens of strands of HPV and these vaccines don't protect against them all.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 4:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• not to give. There are very real risks with any vaccination. The vaccine does not protect against all strains. If you want protection then teach your child about safe sex. Do some research on the vaccine. The ingredients, the possible known complications, and how it is thought to protect. If you still choose to give it, then at least you know the risks.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I got the vaccine for my daughter (the first shot) and on that day, 2 different people told me that when giving that shot to members in their family, once those girls got the shots, that they now have detectable cancer cells. They say it is beneficial but yet that HPV is not a direct link to cervical cancer?
    I'm just one of those people who think everything is a government conspiracy so I'm scared as hell on starting to give my daughter these vaccines.
    viv212

Comment by viv212 (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I would not give my child the vaccine. I would not give her a vaccine for anything that is not life threatening. With the right education, HPV can be prevented.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 5:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• viv212... I am like you with the government. Not so much as conspiracy that they are "out to get me", but that our government is so corrupted with influence from pharma companies and GE companies that there is no accountability.

It seem dumb to some, but I trust nature. I trust my body. I don't trust a system run by corruptible and bought men and woman who only want to see the big picture as it is in the present. The more research I do into the many aspects of pharmaceutical companies, genetically engineer companies, and our government, the more I want to get back to as natural as possible.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 5:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I refuse to give. It only protects against a small few strains of HPV and there are MANY strains out there. The risks of the vaccine's side effects far outweigh the supposed benefits.
    You want to protect yourself from HPV, stop having unprotected sex. Have your partner tested.
    Anonymous

• i go the shot at 18! 6 months later i had HPV! i know it only protects against a few strands but it just felt like a waste! and ive only had one sexual partner! also u can get HPV from a toilet seat so safe sex isnt the answer! but with that said the risks of the vaccine out way the pros so we will not be giving it to our daughter!
    Anonymous