I really always wanted a girl but i am realizing that there is a good chance i mite have a boy how do i deal?

savannahjarvi

Asked by savannahjarvi at 7:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have always wanted a girl too...You know what happened? I am a very happy mother of four boys! I wouldn't change a thing. Just hope that your baby is healthy, that is the most important. You will fall in love immediately once you see your baby.
    hugorose

Answer by hugorose at 8:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I am sorry, but the honest answer is ... you just do. On the bright side, when you see him it will no longer matter.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 7:38 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i agree with her. I wanted a girl too but after I found out I was having a boy and started buying things, I forgot all about the girl. Then when he was born i was so happy he was healthy and that's all that really matters. We lost a girl at 29 weeks and are 22 weeks pregnant with another girl. I didn't even focus on the sex b/c I realized after the loss that a healthy baby is the only thing that really matters b/c you'll love it either way
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Be happy with what you are having...you can always try for a girl later on. Just pray for a healthy baby. You will be so happy when you see him you wont even think about how much you wanted a girl... :)
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 8:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I wanted a girl and with each preg i thought they were girls but i have 3 wonderfull little boys. Im prego with my 4th and this time im not stressing on it cuz my boys are such a blessing that i wouldnt mind a litte boy agian.Boys are awsome plus they are cheaper LOL.My sil's girls cost her a fortune in clothes and stuff.
    Anonymous

• It sounds trite, but just be happy you are pregnant with a healthy baby. Ultimately that is what matters. Once your child is born, whatever the gender may be you will not be able to picture another child in his or her place. I was almost intimidated by the thought of raising a boy too (I'm from an 'all girl' family and girls are what I know.) When my first pregnancy ended in a loss at 11 weeks I realized that there were far worse things than having the 'wrong' gender. With my next pregnancy I didn't find out the gender... if the baby was alive and kicking that was good enough for me. When my son finally arrived safe and sound it was love at first sight... and I have figured out the boy thing as I go along. Your baby will be a blessing regardless of gender!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I wanted a girl, too. But I love my son more than anything in this world. Once he was born, there was nothing to deal with. I wouldn't trade him for the world.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I also wanted a girl, very, very, VERY much.....but the ultrasound said boy. Ugh. I had all sisters. I had no idea what to do with a boy. I wanted a girl so badly that even after multiple ultrasounds said boy I took two outfits to the hospital. Looking back now I laugh, but in the moment I was bummed. But once I held him I was so worried boy or girl. And as he got older I have found having a boy is wonderful. First of all he is the big brother to protect his little sister. And as he got big I could be proud of how strong he was and still find adorable (yet masculine) outfits for him.

Just remember that you will have wonderful things to look forward to with this boy!

lanimommy81

Answer by lanimommy81 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2008