Anyone practice any form of the sanatana dharma (hinduism) adult content

i know theres a place for this in religious debate but since not everyone who is hindu or knows about might not belong to that i thought is start a deiscussion here if thats a problem i will kindly listen to your opinions

CoffeeDurga

Asked by CoffeeDurga at 4:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was raised Hindu.. Still somewhat practicing, however not what one could consider "devout".. I'm married into a Sikh household/family.

As with most Indian (Indian descent) families, the majority of my family is Hindu, always has been, most likely always will be.. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I follow Advaita Vedanta and practice a few forms of yoga.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• im not totally clear on sikh beliefs ive heard they cant cut there hair and god can never be human tho im not sure if thats totally correct
    CoffeeDurga

Comment by CoffeeDurga (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Advaita Vedanta ive talked to a girl who practiced the vedanta or u know read from it. what are your basic beliefs
    CoffeeDurga

Comment by CoffeeDurga (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Sikhs and hair.. Most devout Sikhs, and especially those who have taken amrit or are Khalsa members, one never cuts their hair nor do the men shave their beards. Most wear a turban, even women. Many women choose to not wear a turban but do opt for some form of covering. There are man young Siks (young to me: 20's -teens...my husband and I are both spitting distance to 50..lol) who are shaving, cutting hair and not wearing turban. However, my son (who will soon be 20) and husband are both devout turban wearing, no hair cutting, no shaving Sikhs..lol

Unlike Hindus, Sikhs do not believe that God (the One Universal Creator.. Ek Onkar... Brahma to us) has ever been in human form, nor have their ever been reincarnation/avatars, just Gurus (teachers/prophets). However, unlike Hindus, Sikhs do not believe that the Gurus are not incarnations/avatars of God . Their view is like the Buddha, just enlightened prophets.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• interesting
    CoffeeDurga

Comment by CoffeeDurga (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• so since u still practice it are you a specific sect or denomination or are u just hindu
    CoffeeDurga

• Me personally.. no.. I do not follow the idea of specific denomination/sect. There are only 3 variations in regards to sects, and those variations are based on which "God" you choose to be your "personal" (for lack of a better term) God. I do not have 1 particular avatar/incarnation that I prefer over others. I would have to say that I am a believer in all..

That's one of the most wonderful things about Hinduism to me, and was really driven home for me when I was living in India..There is no 1 (or 3...lol) ways to be a Hindu. Hinduism a religion that is practiced thousands upon thousands of different ways because the base essences of Hinduism is the belief in a personal deity that is one with ourselves, everything/anything, and universe itself (which some do believe that Brahma is the universe itself not just the creator). Being Indian/Hindu growing up in the states, and being those things in India, are different. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• oops.. Typo..

"were" different....not "are" different...

Must have more coffee....... lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• cool i really like what ive read about hinduism but picking just one doesnt make sense to me
    CoffeeDurga

Comment by CoffeeDurga (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2011