Geraldine Ferraro died today, did you see?

Sad... she was the first woman vice-presidential candidate on a major party ticket.

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 5:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I hadn't, that is sad. I don't agree with her politics,but I remember when Jane Byrne was mayor of Chicago, Geraldine Ferraro was on the ticket as VP, and for a while it looked like women were really going to make more headway in politics.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yes. That is sad. The 1st election I voted in after I turned 18 was the 1984 election. At that time, I was a Democrat, and did vote for her and Mondale. I'm sure she fought cancer valiantly,and at least now she's not suffering anymore.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• HEY! Got all us children of the 70's hanging out here! Nice to see those who are around my age as well!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• It was 18 in 1976, lol you figure it out.

Nah, my dad's midlife crisis wife was older than that.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No matter what your opinion of her politics, she definitely occupies a place in political history. RIP.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 5:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My first PRESIDENTIAL election was 1988...when I was 20. But I DID get to vote in the primaries and in local elections in 1986 and 1987! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I did see. I remember when she ran. She passed of Blood Cancer.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yes, I just read about her a bit ago. She fought with blood cancer for 12 yrs.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• May she rest in peace.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• "Yes. That is sad. The 1st election I voted in after I turned 18 was the 1984 election. At that time, I was a Democrat, and did vote for her and Mondale. I'm sure she fought cancer valiantly,and at least now she's not suffering anymore. "

We're probably about the same age, because 1984 was the first election *I* voted in after I turned 18. However, I voted for Reagan.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 5:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2011