With all the recent high profile deaths which are you saddest about?

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 5:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Not any, really. The last time I really cried over a celebrity dying was when President Reagan passed. Felt like a piece of my youth was gone.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Well, he wasn't really high profile, but I was really dissapointed to see Mike Starr go. My friends were working in the studio with him, and he really wanted to change. Addiction is so hard....I was really sad.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I can't say as I'm saddened by any of them. They all had very fulfilling careers and lives.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• When people who have contributed to others' happiness and lives through good works passes away,I feel sad. Elizabth Taylor devoted years and years of her time and money to help AIDs clinics and AIDs resarch....I am sad she died . But she did have quite an amazing a life! SHe was quite a lady!
    Geraldine Ferraro was a good person and contributed to our country. She ran wth Walter Mondale ,a Minnesota Senator and also a good man. She fought her cancer for a long time and its sad that she had to die so young. 75 years is young ,I think.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Patrick Swayze :(
    Addisons_Mom723

Answer by Addisons_Mom723 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Maybe I am out of the loop, but who else has passed? I know Liz Taylor, but who else?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Oh,and the one that really was painful---Natasha Richardson , because she was so young and it was a freak skiing accident that I think could have been prevented if they had discovered how serious her head injury was. And she left a husband ( Liam Neeson )and children.....just sad.
    John Ritter---also could have been prevented if they had operated and closed the anyeurism that was bleeding in his stomach. It was too late when they found it and he bled out. Too sad.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Honestly? While I recognize their names and contributions to our society through their chosen fields, none of them have truly grieved my heart because I wasn't emotionally connected to any of them. I am saddened for those who must go on without them, but even that sadness is more mental than emotional.

We lost our family pet last night, and that is causing me more emotional grief than any of these high profile deaths have. I'm sorry if that sounds as though I'm placing an animal over people. I am, but what I'm also doing is placing what matters to my heart most first.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I went to 2 funerals in January. I lost 2 Cancer friends just this week. How I hate Cancer!! When I hear of people facing, battling and dying from cancer that upsets me so! Its such a battle. The side effects are brutal. So Cancer deaths sure bother me! When will we get the cures for all 200 Cancers?
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Aw, May, I'm so sorry.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2011