Hair ideas?

My 3 yr old has beautiful long hair. Its red with gold and light brown highlights. and it is just below her butt. Its very long, and kinda curly. We can't bring ourselves to cut it, at least not yet. We figure another year and maybe we will bite the bullet and donate her hair to locks of loves. But in the mean time, I need more ideas on what to do with her hair. I'm learning to french braid, but still suck at it. And really I only have a hand full of things that I do with her hair. i want more ideas. I like to keep it up off her face. Her hair is pretty thick so I can really do a lot with it, just need ideas on what I can do. (BTW>>> I am not girly. I have one hair style... pony tail. We also have 4 boys.. so I'm not really great at this girly stuff.

daughteroftruth

Asked by daughteroftruth at 5:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• french twist
    Anonymous

• Pig tails, twists, rope braids, barrets, cute clippies.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Anon... whats a french twist?

Musicmom... we tried some clips but she wont leave them in. do you know of any that are not easy for her to just take out? We just tried the butterfly clips, but her hair is pretty thick and they don't stay in very well.
    daughteroftruth

Comment by daughteroftruth (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My daughter has blonde hair down to her little butt, and we braide a lot because it gets so tangled if we dont.

I do a lot of pony tails too, but try to get creative with it...high pony tail, low pony tail, side pony tail, different parts, no part, high pigtails, low pigtails, etc.

I will part it on the side and clip it so she can wear it down, but that has to be done when she takes her bath in the morning instead of at night.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• There are new rubber bands that is litterally rubber, but not like a rubber band you use in the office. My SD has such fine hair that clips and rubber bands dont work. Well the rubber bands work. Get on youtube.com and they will teach you so many different hair styles you can do. It's neat, its where I learned how to french braid. Ive never been on to do different things to my hair. So I understand. Locks of Love is a wonderful organization to donate it to though.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• my dd's hair is like that, i use the small little black rubber bands to pull her bangs back out of her face and then put a clippy in
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I do believe it only needs to be 8 inches to donate...Maybe you could cut that much off, it would still be long, much more managable! Things like clips and bows probably wont work too well in thick hair that long. Maybe headbands? The cloth ones are nice.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• go with 2 pony tails then braid each pony tail and use a rubber band at the end and tie a ribbon at the top of the pis tail for extra cuteness.
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 7:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I was on vacation a week ago and had to do my twin girl cousins' hair and I put it up in a bun and stuck a bow on top and they both left it in for awhile!
    Their hair is pretty thick too!
    Or you could braid her hair and put a bow at the top of the braid!
    http://veeshusbowtique.storenvy.com/
    VeeshusBowtique

Answer by VeeshusBowtique at 3:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2011