Anyone deal with this.... sexy son??

I know that girls dress sexy and we have to monitor what they wear so they are appropriate... but how do you do that with a son???  After all jeans are jeans.

Dressed he looks very nice... but when my son has his shirt off he looks like an Abercrombie model... he is ripped. I cant very well tell him to wear a shirt at the beach. And girls now-a-days are WAY too aggressive.

I have taught him to respect woman, his dad is a GREAT example, and he IS a good kid... but he is getting older and girls are REALLY noticing.  I just feel Im a bit at a loss.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Well, my sons always had girls around them and I have heard them say they are cute...never really noticed myself if they were sexy or not. There's probably not much you cn do about it other than keep talking to him about sex and being responsible and aware.
    tracylynnr31767

Answer by tracylynnr31767 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Do you expect him to remain covered up at all times? It's illegal for women to walk around without a shirt on, it's not illegal for men to do it. I suppose you could buy him some tank tops for when he's at a pool or something and casually mention it then, but that's it.

This is the time in his life where you have to instill trust that he will make the right decisions.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I still have this issue now that my kid is 20. Get over it...it is what it is, especially on the beach or events which will make him have to take off his shirt. Be thankful, he's not ashame of his hairy legs, like my kid was at 15, he has really hairy legs, and it took him til 17 to allow himself in shorts, due to his girlfriend at the time loved his hairy legs. He wore long jeans, especially in the heat of the summner. LOL! csjoy1
    csjoy1

Answer by csjoy1 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i have the same issues with my son all i can say is just keep the lines of communicaton open and believe that you as a mother have done your job. i have come to find that if i don't nag and i don't judge my advice seems to be heeded. good luck to you!!
    kitten406

Answer by kitten406 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011