Miscarriage

I just found out by my doctor that he heard no heart beat afte trying to find it numerous times even after we heard it at just 6 weeks so now, so I will need to undergo a DNC...

Now, I have had a misscarriage before but never had to wait before the DNC. It's hard enough dealing with this.
I was told by some one I can do a non-invasive home remedy like herbs.... is this true and if so I prefer that than surgery. Any advice or actual proven tips

Yes we did a ultrasound as well as the labs for confirmation. 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't do the d&c just in case. Did they do an ultrasound and bloodwork as well? I don't trust the "I can't find a heartbeat"
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i am not sure but i would think that the herbs could do this. talk to your doctor or go online and research as for dealing with your loss it's hard i know i had a still born nine years ago and though it's been that long it still hurts at times, honestly though the dnc is needed to clean out your body, when it was done to me the nurse and doctor both were emotionallly great, i saw and used the dnc as sort of a closure and healing.
    kitten406

Answer by kitten406 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• so sorry for your loss , wish there was something else i could say. My prayers are with you and your family
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I am scheduled to have one on Tuesday for the same reason. Baby had heartbeat on first US and didnot on the second. I am a registered US tech and know that the pregnancy is over. My body just has not decide to take care of it this time. I have had a miscarriage before and It was terrible. I had to go to the ER and get morphine for the pain and then stay over night because of the blood loss. I did not have a D&C that time. The Dr said we can wait to see if my body will take care of it on its own and most Drs will give you this option if you would like to wait and see. My experience from before was so terrible that I just want to have the procedure done. The put you to sleep and it only takes about 10 minutes. Then you recover and go home the same day. I know that the emotions dont heal that fast but I believe my body will heal quicker and it will help me knowing that I am getting better and can start back up with my life.
    berryhappy1971

Answer by berryhappy1971 at 7:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No advise, just so sorry for your loss :-(
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• You can ask your doctor about misoprostal. They're pills you take that cause you to expel the tissue at home, rather than doing the D&C. Sometimes the D&C is just necessary, though.
    DanielleDes

Answer by DanielleDes at 9:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• im very sorry about ur miscarriage!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• no advice, i'm sorry
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:43 AM on Mar. 28, 2011