What age do little boys start to think that kissing is gross?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Not sure yet. My 10 year old still lets me kiss him - once in a while even in public (assuming none of HIS friends are around).
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• For parents to kiss them? My son never went through that, he never cared who was around and still doesn't.....he will be 20 next month.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 6:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My 7 year old has made it very clear that I am not to kiss him in front of any of his friends.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My oldest is 9.5 and still wants hugs and kisses from me. The only time he gets embarrassed is if I blow him kisses as he's walking into school from having just been dropped off. As for kissing other girls, he's thought it was gross since about the 3rd grade when he was 8.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My 9-year-old's reponse to this question:

"We're born like that and it's your job as Mom to change our minds so we can get married and not want to barf all the time."

He's either a genius, or well on his way to living in a storage facility with 47 cats.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Do you mean girls in general? I have no idea, my son always loved it. He never went through and "ewwwww girls are gross phase". My daughter is 4 and has just started talking about kissing boys. She will not stop. It is driving me crazy and I have no idea where it is coming from.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:36 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Hmm, idk. My 5 year old still loves his kissies.

Fistandantalus, that's hilarious! I love your son's answer.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Not sure. I only have a daughter that age. My little boy is 2. Although come to think of it,he doesn't like too much kissing. LOL
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2011