What do you guys think about illegal immigrants?

Do you guys think that they should all go back where they can from? I have alot of Hispanic friends. Some are legal and some aren't. I think that as long as they aren't doing anything wrong then they should be able to get their papers. Now the ones that are out there selling drugs and robbing places and stuff like that then ya they should go back. But there are ones here that are working and just trying to support their families but then they end up getting deported over something stupid. What about their families here? Their kids?

caseymarie

Asked by caseymarie at 6:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the process for entering the country legally should be a lot easier and shorter.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Illegal is illegal. They should be sent back to their home countries, and made to go through the LEGAL IMMIGRATION channels!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I think that if you're in this country illegally, you're a criminal for that fact alone and should be deported. I feel for them, but I also believe in following the law and doing things the correct, legal way.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• – collapse

banging head into wallHaven't we discussed this enough YET? See ya later......

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I'm sorry. I'm new here so I haven't discussed it yet and I like to hear people's opinions on it.
    caseymarie

Comment by caseymarie (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I don't believe exceptions should be made, even for "good people." There are procedures for entering any country. Just because America is a "melting pot" doesn't mean that procedures shouldn't be followed to protect the citizens and others in the country legally. I believe any illegal immigrant that has not secured citizenship should be deported and do it the right way. In fact, on that "day without a Mexican", I really wished the police would go down to those protests and round everybody up, since they were largely illegals.

I too know many good people who are citizens now but entered the country illegally. Just because they're my friends doesn't mean that my opinion changes. Nobody expects any other country to accept people as citizens just because they somehow got across a border. If I were to go to England today, I would need a passport to be there, and possibly a visa, and I don't think that's unreasonable.
    MariAnKenobi

Answer by MariAnKenobi at 6:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm sorry. I'm new here so I haven't discussed it yet and I like to hear people's opinions on it. "

Ignore her. You have every right to ask this question.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I think that as long as they aren't doing anything wrong then they should be able to get their papers.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• IF YOUR ILLEGAL GO BACK U HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE HERE AND IF U R HERE AND U GET CAUGHT THEN GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 6:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• IMO we should round up the illegals and send them back. I also think, though, they should have resources and assistance in getting papers legally. I think they should be required to speak at least basic english before a permanent visa is issues and there should be no felonies, drug issues, or ever having been in the US unlawfully.

I really wish the USA could save itself before we try and go helping others. I don't care so much about strangers in other countries homelessness and joblessness when there's starving kids here, chronically ill people with no medical care in my very town, and a terrible economy/job market in my zipcode
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2011