Legit work at home companies?

I need something where I can truly create my own hours. I am a student on top of a wife and Mom and my schedule is consistently changing.

Anyone know of any REAL jobs out there, that do not require a home phone line? I have a phone, but it's through the internet. Not sure if that will hinder my possibilities or not.

I am open to any suggestions, but I do not want to pay to get started. I just want to work and make money.

Please only suggest jobs that you have personally done or know friends that have done. I don't want something directly off Google.

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• Hi,

There are a lot of reputable direct sales companies - big names that do billions in business each year, but they all require some up front cash. The one I am affiliated with has a very small kit for $79.99 so it does not cost much to get started.

Have you considered eBay? Costs very little to get started, just some listing fees for the items you are selling. The bigger challenge is figuring out what to sell... No phone needed for eBay, your internet phone should not be a problem for most anything you would want to do.

Another idea - become an affiliate for Amazon or Google. You would build a web site having affiliate links which are really ads for other web sites. Sales are completed on other sites and you get a commission. No inventory, just your computer.

I can also suggest straight commission sales. My robot company is always looking for commission sales reps but you would have to be in Illinois.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 6:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• You have to have items to sell on Ebay thus you have to have money to purchase these items and I do not.

I am also looking for websites and links for these companies. Please provide them.

Thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• You may take a look at www.wahm.com, hopefully you can find something there. Unfortunately, it's tough trying to find a Legitimate "job" from home.

Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 8:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Mommy - I've had a few, but I am looking for a change of pace. I know they exist.

Rkoloms - No, unfortunately I don't have any skills that I could turn into money. Sorry I thought I specified that earlier. I am not interested in making or selling anything online and getting my own personal money involved into a business.

I will look into the websites provides, thanks.

Mommy - Thanks for the links too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have sold on Ebay for 10 years. I recently went to work full time and my selling obviously had to slow down but I still run an Ebay store. I started selling used children's clothing out of my house. My business does very well for the little time I invest. If you need any help or are interested please contact me. I can help! You can start with items right in your own home. No money invested ( accept of course your original investment). You will be SHOCKED! My user name is designertots if you ever want to cruise around my store just to get an idea of what I sell... for your interest. No selling here. My business runs itself :) Good luck!
    sebianca

Answer by sebianca at 10:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I don't have anything in my home to sell. I am also located in Hawaii which is super expensive as it is to live in, so finding things to sell is not as easy as it is on the mainland nor as cheap. There would likely be zero profit for me.

I have previously sold on Ebay and I am very aware of how it runs, but I am just whole-heartedly 100% without a doubt completely NOT interested in that kind of business.

For the third time now, and I am not trying to be rude here but be blunt and very up front, I am not willing to sell anything, invest any money, etc. I am not interested in opening a store or a website.

Thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2011