Unknown rash -picture-

My 8 month old daughter has had this rash for two weeks, we've seen many doctor's who just tell us they have no idea what it is or what caused it. Even one dermatologist (sp?) and we've had it cultured but haven't heard back from them.

They've given her steriod creams and it doesn't change. Anyone ever seen something like this? or know of a different type of doctor that might help??? Thanks

(((( THIS RASH IS ON HER HIP/BACK AND CLOSE TO THE BUTT ))))

Pr0udMother

Asked by Pr0udMother at 6:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would take her to another dermatologist that is board certified. Is it itchy? It looks like it would be warm to the touch. I'd just google another derm person.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I wish I had an answer for you. :( It looks awfully sore. Have you changed your detergent, fabric softener or soap recently or get any new toys? It's hard for me to tell where the rash is but it's possible that it's contact dermatitis. That or a reaction to a new food.

Best of luck!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 6:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• JEANCLAUDIA ~ yes it seems to itch.. I rub it a little more when putting the cream on and it'll make her fall asleep .. guess it itches so bad that when I rub it it makes it feel good?
    She is still very active and her sleeping is a little off.. but other than that.. not much difference.
    Pr0udMother

Comment by Pr0udMother (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• nonoluna ~ nope nothing changed. everyone in the house uses free and clear detergents, no perfumes (we all have sensitive skin) same for soaps. no new toys and recently she has stopped wanting to eat. though she is eating fries or crackers.. only thing she'll eat now besides formula.
    Pr0udMother

Comment by Pr0udMother (original poster) at 6:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• The steroid cream should have helped. I wonder if it's baby psoriasis? Oh boy, I wish I could help too. I'm just not sure. Tried any anti itch creams from the drug store?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• what is baby psoriasis?
    Pr0udMother

Comment by Pr0udMother (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Shingles?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i wish i knew what 2 tell you to do, but it just looks so painful n awful, hope ur lil one gets better soon
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Nope that's not shingles.
    Pr0udMother

Comment by Pr0udMother (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Have you tried that pink liquid stuff they use for chicken pox.
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 28, 2011