Pains when i take my dog for a walk !!!!! HELP

I am 25 weeks preg with my first child ( GIRL ) and when i take my 3 month old german shepard out for walks i get horrable cramps on my sides and in my tummy and its to the point where i need to stop and just breath for a few min any idea why???

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 6:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• congratulations on your little girl. If it only happens when you take him for a walk I wouldnt worry. I am 26 weeks prego with my 1st child(girl) and my dr says the pains that we are experiencing is her moving and bc she is growing so much that she is loosing space. Growing Pains is what my sister always calls them. How ever, if its something that is happening a lot, I would call my dr. I call my dr for everything, just for a calming releif that I am not loosing my mind with what I am feeling.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Round ligament pain. Starts around 23 weeks. Totally normal. It's the ligament that holds your uterus intact. It's stretching. And yes, it hurts. It hurts worse every pregnancy.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• with him being a puppy he could also be causing a little too much stress on your body while you are taking him for a walk...if he pulls at all you may want to consider a pinch collar(i know they look like death devices but its the only thing that got my dog to stop pulling when she was a puppy). that way he wont pull you and cause even more pain...the pain may be just regular stretching but if its only when you walk him then you should consider having someone walk him with you to relieve the pain or get a the collar...and work with him at home on how to walk with you better so when you go out its not as hard for him to stay with you and not pull like he wants to...hes still a puppy remember that and doesnt really understand yet about all of his boundaries
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• you're pregnant...
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• no shit im preg
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Mar. 28, 2011