Have you ever witnessed someone quitting their job?

My friend and I were at breakfast this morning. The resturant was packed and a waitress started screaming how she was sick of her job, couldn't take it anymore and tore off her apron and screamed, “I Quit!” The other employees were trying to calm her down until finally the manager came out and escorted her out. He then apologized to all the patrons and said our drinks would be on the house. We were all just dumb struck, lol I kept waiting for the camera crew from the show What Would You Do, to come out.

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• Oh yeah, I was a salon manager for awhile. I've had people walk off. Everytime I wasn't suprised, saw it coming, and was more than happy to have them walk off. Saves me the paperwork of firing them in two weeks anyway. I love not being a babysitter anymore.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Oh yeah, saw that many times during the years I waited tables. Saw a couple of cooks walk off the line in the middle of a lunch rush....WOW
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• lol, yes and I was an employee with her.
    She had only been working at the retail store for about a month and we had a very busy stressful day. She had several difficult costumers in a row and you could tell she was getting flustered and upset (we were cashiers). Well our manager told her she could go take her lunch at any time, but she said she was fine. An hour later and she came up to me and another employee, pointed to the door and just said "um.... yeah." and left. We just assumed she went to lunch... but three hours later came to the conclusion that she quit lol. Best walk out I have ever seen and I've seen a few others.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 6:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• LOL!!!! not yet at least
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No! Lol
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yes!!! I worked at a call center for a very short four months.... it happened daily, sometimes multiple times! LOL!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yes, I'm an HR Director, when anyone resigns, retires, etc., it's usually done during a meeting scheduled with me.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 7:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I've witnessed people such as Gnome has described but never a total breakdown such as I witnessed this morning. Poor thing, lol
    Kathy675

Comment by Kathy675 (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Oooh, as an HR Director, I'm sure you've seen it all.
    Kathy675

Comment by Kathy675 (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Ive worked in nursing homes the last 12 yrs and i have seen nurses close their carts and leave the keys on top and go, ive seen nurses dragged out by police and i've had cnas go on break and never come back, and i myself after a night where i had 70 pts all to myself and had the next shift complain about something told them to take their job and shove it and promptly left.
    wubbunny420

Answer by wubbunny420 at 1:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2011